Sunday, June 20, 2010

hooooray!

Bula everyone! Fiji is just getting better and better the longer I am here- projects are going well, and it is so fun to get to know these amazing people on a personal basis! When we walk down the street, it's like we are celebrities here- everyone is yelling your name- "Rachelle, Rachelle, bula bula Rachelle!" as you walk down the road. It's a little embarrassing because I have no idea what their names are, so I just say "bula! how are you?" back. pretty much every time. But when you finally do learn their name, they seriously LOVE it- they get so pumped. Anyways, I dont have much time, so i'm just going to give you some pictures! they loaded backwards- it's the most recent to the oldest- so just scroll down and look at them from the bottom up, for my sanity. Thanks.
Sorry, I cant get this right side up- just some kids watchin us build a stove
Me, Sarah, Courtney, Lisa, Nicolle- Last night for first wavers sulu party!
Beautiful sunset right in front of my house
Susie-Q and her daughter Fanny! I teach Susie piano lessons

Courtney, Me, and Kayla in a carrier! those are the best. I dont know if I have explained those before, all it really is is you pay to ride in the back of a truck! bomb.
Tavua kindergarten music class! That gets a little crazy, to say the least

peace 2u my brother. Courtney, Sarah, me, Lisa, Nicolle. Thuggin

Beautiful view from the plane!!!!! UNREAL

uh...... sorry mom. proooobably the best experience of my life

I have never enjoyed a mcdonalds meal more. never spent so much money for it either

Tavua market! This is where I buy all my fruit

Teachin the kinnie gartners. at the moment, we are doing the hokey pokey. they love it

Average Fijian house. This is actually on the nicer scale- everyone lives in tin houses

Me and Kayla- temple trip to Suva

Kristy, Kayla, Me, and Sherry- Just chillin in a waterfall. not a big deal

Coolest rope swing EVER!

2 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Oh my gosh! I want to hear about skydiving SOOO bad! Are you so proud of me??? I didn't spill the beans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RACH!!!!!!!! You are awesome. Fiji sounds AMAZING

    ReplyDelete